Mason Bee Accessories
These nifty tools and items are very useful items for the keen mason beekeeper.
Why not give them a try!
- The bee scoop makes cleaning nesting trays a breeze!
- The predator guard keeps woodpeckers away from the developing bees and it interferes with wasp parasatism.
- A Viewing Box allows you to view and keep track of bee development.
- A fridge thermometer lets you check temperatures quickly and easily.
- Petri dishes provide handy temporary storage containers for cocoons and other insects found at harvest time.
- Emergence shelters are used to safely overwinter your bee cocoons since it keeps out predators.
Includes: Net bag, Petridish, Humidity chamber, Thermometer and Tape.
This Deluxe combo includes the tools that will make it easier for you to keep mason bees.
- Net bags to keep mason bees save from parasitic wasps
- Thermometer for ensuring fridge temperatures are correct for storing mason bees
- Petri dish for storing cocoons in the fridge
- Humidity chamber for overwintering cocoons in a fridge without them drying out
- Tape to secure nests
- a Scoop for gently harvesting cocoons from their nests.
Includes: Net bag, Insect hotel, Tape, Viewing box, 35 Nesting tubes.
COMBO 2 includes both tools and insect homes for both summer and spring mason bees.
- Net bag to keep mason bees safe from parasitic wasps
- Tape to secure nests
- Box release shelter for safely setting out mason bee cocoons
- Insect Hotel provides homes for leafcutter bees, summer solitary bees and garden insects
- 35 Cardboard nesting tubes for spring mason bees.
Click More Details to see video
As an option add bees to your order
Suitable for All mason bee keepers! Available October 1 2011 This handcrafted Viewing -box has a neatly fitting lid that can be lifted up for easy viewing. Children can watch bee larvae busy seating pollen, develop through the summer and fall, spin their cocoons, and hibernate during the winter. Look inside the viewing box during the spring and summer, by briefly lifting up the lid. Bees will not be disturbed when opening the nest for short periods of time. The Beediverse Viewing Box is durable, attractive, easy to clean and maintain, and made from sustainable resources to last many summers. Set viewing box out on a shelf, where mason bees are likely to find the nest.
- Includes: Box with hinged lid, Tray for up to 6 females and 36 eggs
Click for more Details
Quick & EZY Mason Bee home includes:
- A suitable waterproof dwelling
- Quicklock nesting trays with
- 24 nesting tunnels
- Bee emerging space adjacent to trays
This Box provides a protected nest environment, nesting tunnels, leafcutter bees and a harvesting tool. everything you need to welcome Leafcutter Bees into your garden. Pollinate your summer plants.
- Open cardboard box at one end and place between wall and sticks glued to floor of wooden box.
- Close lid of wooden box.
- In late fall remove wooden dowel with red tag.
- Push wood dowel through nesting holes to remove new leafcutter bee cocoons.
- Empty all nesting holes in readiness for spring.
- Store harvested leafcutter bee cocoons in wooden box.
Leafcutter bees pollinate flowers during the summer months when temperatures are above 20°C/70°F. These bees use tiny pieces of leaf and flowers to line their nesting tunnels.
Includes: home, nesting tunnels, emerging space and leafcutter bees.
In winter or early spring, set out your cocoons inside this well constructed hatching box and bees will safely emerge in spring. This beautiful hatching box provides a safe place, away from predators, for overwintering your cocoons.
Includes: Hatching box
Once bees emerge, they will find their nesting tunnel and begin pollinating flowers.
This box is well constructed and will provide good protection from both weather and pests. The clasp securely closes the lid to the box.
Mason Bee Cocoon Humidity Cooler. Keeps mason bee cocoons cold and with adequate humidity during the winter months. Ensures good survivability over the winter.
As an option add Mason Bee cocoons to your order
Inside the styrofoam box are two chambers:one for bee cocoons and the other for moisture pads to which water is added. A hole is puched through the lid to create air circulation. When lid closes the chamber, a high humidity chamber with good air circulation has been created. Lack of air circultion causes mold development ( does not cause mortality and easy to remove with bleach if necessary).
Then the whole chamber is set into a fridge and the level of water is checked and water is added if necessary.
REAL wooden handles. unique and handcrafted! Be ready for fall harvest with this nifty tool.
Handcrafted in Olympia, WA
This scoop is the perfect complement to Beediverse Eco Quick lock tray system or wooden trays systems. It is beautifully handcrafted, the wooden handle has a good grip and it quickly, gently and efficiently removes your cocoons from the nesting grooves.
Each handle is unique and is made from locally grown trees.
- Carefully cured, hand selected handle stock.
- Triple coated finish for beauty and long wear.
- Spring steel shaft is extremely tough and wear resistant.
- Each tool is hand ground into the shape of a beescoop.
A more detailed look is possible with this cool tool. At harvest time, place unknown insects into petri-dish, safely store in fridge, and have a closer look with a magnifying glass.
Safely Store mason bee cocoons through the winter months The perfect solution to safely storing cocoons inside the fridge or outdoors location. Includes:
- One Petri dish, 6 inches” diameter
- can also be used to hold ‘duds’- cocoons suspected NOT to contain a bee, but parasitic wasps or other organisms.
- are easily stacked and take a minimal amount of room.
- are specifically designed to safely hold life organisms.
- allow air and moisture to flow into the dishes without allowing debris, dust and foreign organisms to enter the dish.
- Each petri dish will hold about 200 cocoons, one layer thick.
Ensure fridge is at the right temperature for storing mason bee cocoons with this fridge thermometer
Easy-Check Thermometers (two).
This easy-to-read thermometer can be used anywhere your cocoons are stored. If they are stored in a fridge, place one thermometer on the upper shelf and one on the lower shelf.Includes:
- 2 Fridge thermometers
This thermometer makes it easy to check on the temperature in a fridge or in outside locations.
- When overwintering cocoons inside a fridge, hang one from the upper shelf and the other on a lower shelf for easy viewing. Because temperatures can be different in the upper and lower section of the fridge, it is handy to have two thermometers to make sure temperatures are within the correct temperature range. During winter months keep temperature above freezing – between 35-42F or 2-6C. After January keep temperature below 36F or 4C and above freezing (34F or 4C)
- Set thermometers where you have mason bee homes located.
- When using a yurt structure, it is great to see temperature differences between the inside and outside of the yurt.
Before use, check new thermometer temperature readings against the temperature readings of a known thermometer.
Dimensions: 3 x 3.5 x 1.5 inches or 9 x 8 x 4 cm.
1 roll of t ape- Great for taping Quicklock trays and or cardboard tubes.
Black electrician’s tape is a wonderful product for holding nests together right through the seasons. This tape is easy to undo in the fall at harvest time.This very versatile tape works great for:
- wrapping Quicklock nesting trays
- wood nesting trays
- nesting tubes (cardboard and natural Phragmites reed).
Protect your developing mason bees from those marauding parasitic wasps during the summer months.
This finely woven mesh bag protect Mason Bee cocoons from parasitic wasps and other insects while cocoons are in storage from summer to winter. Includes:
- 1 No-Wasp Net Bags (60 cm X 60 cm , 24″ x 24″ ) Material: Nylon Mesh
No-Wasp Net Bags are generously sized with an extra-wide, draw-string opening. The bags have room for stacked nesting trays and Mason Bee Houses with the cocoons inside. Place trays and houses in the bag, draw it closed, and the cocoons are safe from pests. Staying pest-free means viable cocoons come spring.
No-Wasp Bags are an important part of keeping a healthy Mason Bee population from year to year. Bags are washable and fold flat for storage.
Protection from pests is two-fold.
(1) Parasitic wasps and other pests will be attracted to the nest but will not be able to enter the bag and nest to parasitize developing bee larvae.
(2) Parasitic wasps that are previously in the nest will develop and come out to find additional bee cocoons, but first wasps have to leave their nesting chamber and mate. While they are trapped inside the netting, mist-spray them with a mild soapy solution. This will kill these wasps that are flying around inside the net bag.
Fits Highrise & Highrise for Summer Mason Bees
Choose from Forest Green, Golden Yellow, Royal Blue and Sunset Red
This bright, durable accessory protects your mason bees from woodpeckers, mice and parasitic wasps. The Predator Guard pops onto the front of our Beediverse HighRise House, and is easily removable when it’s time to observe or clean the nest.
Fits Royal Mason Bee House & Royal Summer Mason Bee House
This bright, durable accessory protects your mason bees from woodpeckers, mice and parasitic wasps. The Predator Guard pops into the front of our Royal Mason Bee House, and Royal Summer Mason Bee House. It is easily removable when it’s time to observe or clean the nest.
Fits the Lodge and Chalet homes.
This bright, durable accessory protects your mason bees from woodpeckers, mice and parasitic wasps. The Predator Guard pops into the front of the Lodge and Chalet Home.
It is easily removable when it’s time to observe or clean the nest.
Choose from Forest Green, Golden Yellow, Royal Blue and Sunset Red.