Tools & Accessoires
Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop
These nifty tools and items are very useful items for the keen mason beekeeper.
Why not give them a try!
- The bee scoop makes cleaning nesting trays a breeze!
- The predator guard keeps woodpeckers away from the developing bees and it interferes with wasp parasatism.
- A Viewing Box allows you to view and keep track of bee development.
- A fridge thermometer lets you check temperatures quickly and easily.
- Petri dishes provide handy temporary storage containers for cocoons and other insects found at harvest time.
- Emergence shelters are used to safely overwinter your bee cocoons since it keeps out predators.
This is the handiest tool for handling mason bee cocoons or live insects!
Cocoons are fragile and these forceps have a “feather touch”. It is easy to pick up cocoons amongst debris for easier cleaning. In the spring if the early bees emerge, it is a simple task to gently pick them up and place them back where they belong.
This metal does not fatigue and can be repeatedly bent back into the width you need to gently pick up insects.
Includes 2 forceps
**for cleaning mason bee cocoons.
This sieve is an excellent and easy method for removing mites and debris from mason bee cocoons.
Swirl cocoons through cold running water in a bowel and under running water. Pollen feeding mites are abraded off cocoons by the metal screen. Cocoons are waterproof and are not damaged by this washing method.
This specialty item is now out of stock. Randy told me that after his kitchen reno’s that bee scoops will be his next item on his to-do list. We expect them in early September. Please do go ahead and order and we will ship in September.
Carefully cured, hand selected wooden handles. Each Scoop is unique and handcrafted! Triple coated finish for beauty and long wear. Be ready for fall harvest with this nifty tool.
Handcrafted in Olympia, WA
This scoop is the perfect complement to Beediverse Eco Quick lock tray system or wooden trays systems. It is beautifully handcrafted, the wooden handle has a good grip and it quickly, gently and efficiently removes your cocoons from the nesting grooves.
Each handle is unique and is made from locally grown trees.
- Carefully cured, hand selected handle stock.
- Triple coated finish for beauty and long wear.
- Spring steel shaft is extremely tough and wear resistant.
- Each tool is hand ground into the shape of a beescoop.
Winter storage and spring Hatching box!
In winter or early spring, set out your cocoons inside this well constructed hatching box and bees will safely emerge in spring. This beautiful hatching box provides a safe place, away from predators, for overwintering your cocoons.
Includes: Hatching box
Once bees emerge, they will find their nesting tunnel and begin pollinating flowers. This box is well constructed and will provide good protection from both weather and pests. The clasp securely closes the lid to the box.
1 roll of tape- Great for taping Quicklock trays and or cardboard tubes.
Black electrician’s tape is a wonderful product for holding nests together right through the seasons. This tape is easy to undo in the fall at harvest time.This very versatile tape works great for:
- wrapping Quicklock nesting trays
- wood nesting trays
- nesting tubes (cardboard and natural Phragmites reed).
Overwinter your cocoons safely in a Humidity Cooler. Inside a fridge, it will keep mason bee cocoons cold with high humidity during the winter months. Ensures good survivability over the winter.
As an option add Mason Bee cocoons to your order
Fits the Lodge and Chalet homes.
This bright, durable accessory protects your mason bees from woodpeckers, mice and parasitic wasps. The Predator Guard pops into the front of the Lodge and Chalet Home.
It is easily removable when it’s time to observe or clean the nest.
Choose from Forest Green, Golden Yellow, Royal Blue and Sunset Red.
Fits Royal Mason Bee House & Royal Summer Mason Bee House
This bright, durable accessory protects your mason bees from woodpeckers, mice and parasitic wasps. The Predator Guard pops into the front of our Royal Mason Bee House, and Royal Summer Mason Bee House. It is easily removable when it’s time to observe or clean the nest.
Fits Highrise & Highrise for Summer Mason Bees
Choose from Forest Green, Golden Yellow, Royal Blue and Sunset Red
This bright, durable accessory protects your mason bees from woodpeckers, mice and parasitic wasps. The Predator Guard pops onto the front of our Beediverse HighRise House, and is easily removable when it’s time to observe or clean the nest.
Protect your developing mason bees from those marauding parasitic wasps during the summer months.
This finely woven mesh bag protect Mason Bee cocoons from parasitic wasps and other insects while cocoons are in storage from summer to winter. DIRECTIONSIncludes: **After all mason bees have died and are no longer seen flying in and out of the nest, protect your developing bees by inserting the entire home or nests into mesh bags.
- 1 No-Wasp Net Bags (60 cm X 60 cm , 24″ x 24″ ) Material: Nylon Mesh
No-Wasp Net Bags are generously sized with an extra-wide, draw-string opening. The bags have room for stacked nesting trays and Mason Bee Houses with the cocoons inside. Place trays and houses in the bag, draw it closed, and the cocoons are safe from pests. Staying pest-free means viable cocoons come spring.
No-Wasp Bags are an important part of keeping a healthy Mason Bee population from year to year. Bags are washable and fold flat for storage.
Protection from pests is two-fold.
(1) Parasitic wasps and other pests will be attracted to the nest but will not be able to enter the bag and nest to parasitize developing bee larvae.
(2) Parasitic wasps that are previously in the nest will develop and come out to find additional bee cocoons, but first wasps have to leave their nesting chamber and mate. While they are trapped inside the netting, mist-spray them with a mild soapy solution. This will kill these wasps that are flying around inside the net bag.