933.01 Petri Dish
A more detailed look is possible with this cool tool. At harvest time, place unknown insects into petri-dish, safely store in fridge, and have a closer look with a magnifying glass.
Safely Store mason bee cocoons through the winter months The perfect solution to safely storing cocoons inside the fridge or outdoors location. Includes:
- One Petri dish, 6 inches” diameter
- can also be used to hold 'duds'- cocoons suspected NOT to contain a bee, but parasitic wasps or other organisms.
- are easily stacked and take a minimal amount of room.
- are specifically designed to safely hold life organisms.
- allow air and moisture to flow into the dishes without allowing debris, dust and foreign organisms to enter the dish.
- Each petri dish will hold about 200 cocoons, one layer thick.