041 Pollination with Mason Bees
A BEST SELLER! 17,000 books sold. <p>Order your own copy and read all about this fascinating hobby.
Completely revised and updated with over 50 illustrations and 56 new pages!
Clear step-by-step instructions. A solid reference for experienced gardeners and beekeepers. A perfect companion for all BeeDiverse products.
It brings a powerful combination of scientific research and practical experience to the challenges of pollination. This illustrated book is intended for anyone who wants to increase yields and blooms naturally - because a well-pollinated garden is a lush garden.
Features from Pollination with Mason Bees:
- All about Mason Bees, their life cycle, behaviour & habitat preferences
- What to consider whether you’re buying or building Mason Beehouses
- How to make your own Mason Bee House with simple, inexpensivematerials
- How to place Mason Bee Houses in your garden for optimal light and warmth
- Best practices to maintain and increase your Mason Bee population
- Overwintering bees so your population persists from year to year
- Protecting your bees from predators, parasites and pests
- Valuable insights and practical tips from Mason Bee keepers
Author Dr. Margriet Dogterom has more than 20 years experience in apiculture – in both hands-on field work and scholarly research. She created the QuickLock System for Mason Bee houses – specifically designed according to the foraging and nesting behaviours of these bees. Margriet consults for commercial growers.
A great gift for gardeners, beekeepers, and aspiring bee enthusiasts.
New! to this 2nd edition:
*Novel ideas and projects
*Chapter on pests, parasites and predators
*Mason Bee Management Chart
Soft cover, 5x7, 136 pages ISBN: 978-0-9689357-3-6