041 Pollination with Mason Bees-OUT OF PRINT!
After selling 17,000 books, we are again out of print. Our next print run will be in the fall.
Order now, same price and you will be the first to receive our 2nd printing of our 2nd edition in the fall.
Completely revised and updated with over 50 illustrations and 56 new pages!
Clear step-by-step instructions. A solid reference for experienced gardeners and beekeepers. A perfect companion for all BeeDiverse products.
It brings a powerful combination of scientific research and practical experience to the challenges of pollination. This illustrated book is intended for anyone who wants to increase yields and blooms naturally - because a well-pollinated garden is a lush garden.
Features from Pollination with Mason Bees:
- All about Mason Bees, their life cycle, behaviour & habitat preferences
- What to consider whether you’re buying or building Mason Beehouses
- How to make your own Mason Bee House with simple, inexpensivematerials
- How to place Mason Bee Houses in your garden for optimal light and warmth
- Best practices to maintain and increase your Mason Bee population
- Overwintering bees so your population persists from year to year
- Protecting your bees from predators, parasites and pests
- Valuable insights and practical tips from Mason Bee keepers
Author Dr. Margriet Dogterom has more than 20 years experience in apiculture – in both hands-on field work and scholarly research. She created the QuickLock System for Mason Bee houses – specifically designed according to the foraging and nesting behaviours of these bees. Margriet consults for commercial growers.
A great gift for gardeners, beekeepers, and aspiring bee enthusiasts.
New! to this 2nd edition:
*Novel ideas and projects
*Chapter on pests, parasites and predators
*Mason Bee Management Chart
Soft cover, 5x7, 136 pages ISBN: 978-0-9689357-3-6