611.30 Bees in a Box
This Box provides a protected nest environment, nesting tunnels, leafcutter bees and a harvesting tool. everything you need to welcome Leafcutter Bees into your garden. Pollinate your summer plants.
- Open cardboard box at one end and place between wall and sticks glued to floor of wooden box.
- Close lid of wooden box.
- In late fall remove wooden dowel with red tag.
- Push wood dowel through nesting holes to remove new leafcutter bee cocoons.
- Empty all nesting holes in readiness for spring.
- Store harvested leafcutter bee cocoons in wooden box.
Leafcutter bees pollinate flowers during the summer months when temperatures are above 20°C/70°F. These bees use tiny pieces of leaf and flowers to line their nesting tunnels.
Includes: home, nesting tunnels, emerging space and leafcutter bees.