931.03 Scoop harvest tool
[caption id="attachment_9234" align="alignnone" width="150"] .[/caption] Beautifully Handcrafted. The gently curved tip of the scoop, softly lifts cocoons out of nesting trays minimizing cocoon damage. Handcrafted by Randy. Order one for your fall harvest of mason bee cocoons. A unique gift. Directions:
- Place opened nesting trays on a flat surface
- Place end of scoop at base of cocoons
- With scoop at a steep angle, gently push and ease cocoons out of nesting grooves.
- Place in cold tap water for 1 hour
- Rinse in cold water using a metal sieve to remove mud and mites.
- Dry on a paper towel for 1 hour
- Store in fridge at 4C in a Humidity Cooler until spring