I don’t have the exact answer, but I think you are on the right track. Perhaps in visual range and clustered nearby would be a good solution. -Margriet
Browse: Home / Setting out new nests next to the old ones?
A question from Michael in Oregon.
If I need to set out more nesting sites for the Mason bees should I put them next to existing sites, or, put them a bit away from the one’s I originally set out?
The reason I ask is that I am get many more bees to nest so far this spring compared to last year but I do not want to mess up the bees visual cues to the old sites. I also know they like to be near each other. Your thoughts?
- Why a predator guard? October 19, 2016
- Sticky residue on nesting trays-from Carlos October 17, 2016
- Colour and texture is everything!!…and pie October 17, 2016
- It must be fall! Red leaves and more on black ‘grubs’. October 16, 2016
- Bears and catching up October 16, 2016
- A bundle of Mason bees! October 16, 2016
- Hotel a Abeilles October 15, 2016
- What is this? October 13, 2016
- Fall cleaning. What ‘s this? A black grub? October 12, 2016
- Fall cleaning time- already? October 7, 2016